Stress is your body’s reaction to any change that requires an adjustment or a response. Those reactions can be physical, mental or emotional. Stress is a normal part of life and you experience stress everyday — from your environment, your body and your thoughts.
Stress can be positive when used to keep us alert and avoid dangerous situations. It becomes negative when it is continuous without relief or relaxation between events. Most people never realize that stress may be causing many of their health problems.
Stress can lead to physical symptoms including headaches, upset stomach, elevated blood pressure, chest pain, and problems sleeping. Research suggests that stress also can bring on or worsen certain symptoms or diseases.
Chiropractic care can help you if you are experiencing any signs/symptoms of stress:
- Fatigue – feeling tired, drained or exhausted.
- Upset Stomach – do you find your stomach reacting to certain situations and it interferes with life? Stress can be a factor.
- Elevated Blood Pressure – you may not know that you have it and there are generally no symptoms so you usually don’t feel it.
Nearly one-third of people who have hypertension don’t know it.
- Headaches – a fairly common pain for everyone, and most people just rely on medication to deal with it.
- Allergies – when the immune system does not work properly, your body cannot correct itself.
- Sleep Problems – Can’t fall asleep? Slept all night but feel like you didn’t? All of these can be attributed to stress.
If you are experiencing any of these, or other stress related symptoms, let us know and take the first step in unleashing your body’s healing potential!